This table provides metadata for the actual indicator available from United States statistics closest to the corresponding global SDG indicator. Please note that even when the global SDG indicator is fully available from American statistics, this table should be consulted for information on national methodology and other American-specific metadata information.
This table provides information on metadata for SDG indicators as defined by the UN Statistical Commission. Complete global metadata is provided by the UN Statistics Division.
Indicator 16.1.2: Conflict-related deaths per 100,000 population, by sex, age and cause
Target 16.1: Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere
|International organisations(s) responsible for global monitoring||
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
• 16.1.1 Number of victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 population, by sex and age
• 16.1.3 Proportion of population subjected to physical, psychological or sexual violence in the previous 12 months
• 16.1.4 Proportion of population that feel safe walking alone around the area they live
• 16.4.2 Proportion of seized, found or surrendered arms whose illicit origin or context has been traced or established by a competent authority in line with international instruments
• 16.a.1 Existence of independent national human rights institutions in compliance with the Paris Principles
• 10.3.1 and 16.b.1: Proportion of population reporting having personally felt discriminated against or harassed in the previous 12 months on the basis of a ground of discrimination prohibited under international human rights law
• 5.2.2: Proportion of women and girls aged 15 years and older subjected to sexual violence by persons other than an intimate partner in the previous 12 months, by age and place of occurrence